Admission Campaign in 2017
There are two application periods in this year:
1. Spring application period is from April 3 till May 22.
2. Fall Application period is from September 25 till October 13.
This year government funding is available for 15 places on the Philological Sciences course at the HSE Doctoral School of Philology (13 places in Moscow and 2 places in Nizhny Novgorod).
We recommend international students to apply to Federal Quote Competition. The competition is already started!
About the Doctoral School
1. Russian Literature
- Theoretical history of Russian literature
- Russian literature in cross-cultural perspective
- Digital Humanities and theories of modern communication
- Theory of language and linguistic diversity
- Cognitive linguistics
- Historical linguistics
- Automation of linguistic research
- Corpus linguistics
- Automated systems for language processing
- Computational lexicology and lexicography
Composition of the portfolio for admission
Entrance examination in a special discipline (Education) consists two parts:
1. A portfolio
2. A colloquium
A portfolio may include the following:
a) a motivation letter;
b) Information about your education background. If you don’t have a diploma/degree certificate, and if this is a common practice for the country where your academic institution is located, you may provide a transcript or any other official document thereby confirming your level of education;
c) a certificates about a participation in any international conferences, if any;
d) copies of scientifac articles or an introductory essay;
e) any other relevant information.